Monday, July 30, 2007

Walking Towards the Sunrise

This is a song that was written this weekend by Ryan (Matt's cousin), Gus (Ryan's friend), Matt and me. We were at camp when I convinced these boys that we should write a song together. Ryan didn't think we could do it, but I told him that I make all my seventh grade students write songs and that it would be good for him. Ryan and Matt wrote the lyrics, and Gus and I wrote the chords and melody. We stayed up until 2:00 am and then performed it later in the afternoon. I don't think it turned out too bad. We didn't practice very much before we performed it, so Gus and I kind of screwed up the ending. Overall I think we did a pretty good job. It was so much fun!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Very nice!

Do you have other videos of the family?

The Blueberry Princess said...

Actually, I do not have any other videos of the family. Ryan didn't even want to be associated with this one. It is a good idea, but unfortunately this was their last weekend at camp. I gave Tracy the web address to the blog and encouraged her to start her own, so perhaps we can get some videos from her end!

Torq said...

I have got this song STUCK in my head now. It's making me a little crazy...

The Blueberry Princess said...

I've been telling you all along that I could make major bucks writing pop melodies! Yeah, it gets stuck in my head too. It's possible that I sing it in my sleep, which would explain why it gets stuck in your head! Muahahahahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!
We love to see these!
We have an insatiable appetite for them....

Floridians