I realize that probably not all of you love classical music as much as I do, but the brilliance of Glenn Gould cannot be denied. Not only does he have perfectly shaped pinkies, but he breathes new life into Bach. Bach is fantastic anyway, but no one plays him like Gould. This is a clip of Gould and Bernstein performing Bach's Concerto for Piano in D minor, BWV 1052. It gives me goosebumps!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that damned fifth finger!
that's a crazy video dude. makes me want to play again!
No worries, Miss Maid of Honor, the bandwagon is here!
Blueberry Princess Bride, would you please pass along to your soon-to-be sister-in-law (if she doesn't already know) that there is a wonderful Podcast by Grammar Girl. She takes listener requests and discusses (duh!) grammar issues.
I have Grammar Girl's site bookmarked, and SHE MAKES MISTAKES. (Insert horrified gasps.) She provides transcripts of her podcasts, which is how I know that she has trouble with punctuation.
Ironic, yet satisfying.
Wait, wait! You have a friend who lists The Elements of Style as one of her favourite books???
I NEED TO KNOW MORE.
Post a Comment