Thursday, June 21, 2007
With a Little Help From My Friends
Well, this is a little embarrassing, but I went back to the Ladies Workout Express yesterday for the first time since I wrote about it on the blog, which was in February. Now that I am on summer break from teaching, I don't really have any excuses to not work out, except that I seriously dislike it. So this time, I've decided to drag along some people with me, because I obviously can't do this by myself. I signed up for the Self Challenge that Self magazine is doing, and I invited some friends to do it with me. My darling husband staunchly refuses to sign up at a coed gym with me, saying that gyms bore him. So I have started jogging outside in the morning in hopes that he will be more inclined to exercise with me. So far, this has been working pretty well. I am hoping that my attempts at physical fitness will be better this year with a little help from my friends! So if you are interested in getting in on the fun (or torture, or whatever you want to call it), feel free to sign up for the Self Challenge on www.self.com and make me your buddy. I'm not really into that whole MySpace stuff, but I sure wouldn't mind some workout buddies, even if they're just online ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
OK, I'll be your buddy. What's your e-mail address, so I can add you? I went through the sign-up, but I skipped the ritual humiliation of measuring my thighs. I do have some self-respect, although not much.
It's worth warning you in advance, though: My "workouts" are limited to walking and bike riding.
Sweet! Ok, Matt won't give me your email address and I don't want to just post my email address to my blog (I fear that the loads of fanmail would be too much for my email account to handle, plus I'm super paranoid). So my email address is as follows: first name.last name@hotmail.com It's actually a new email account since I changed my name after I got married. I hope that makes sense! Walking and bike riding are fabulous!
Matt won't give you my e-mail address? What is this, 1952?
No, he's just lazy.
Megan, I got your invite through my email account, but for some reason it won't let me add you as a buddy. Matt and I are going to Dexter this weekend, but I will fix it when we get back. Personally, I wouldn't mind that trip to Paris. Let's win some prizes!
OK, try inviting me: dryas@theedge.ca
I'm in, I'm in! Wait... you already know I'm in. I'm just late to the blogosphere as usual. The fun/torture shall ensue...
I'm almost in. I know I've gotta get my ass in gear for our Katahdin trip at the end of July. This past week has been filled with sitting, waiting, and more sitting, so I have lots to do!
Alright, I'm in, but how do you add buddies?
Man, this is great! Ladies, we are going to be even hotter than we already are!
Yeah, but I just read Megan's post about counting calories. I don't know as that's going to...fly. I just eat when and what my body tells me to.
But I will do my best to exercise and maintain a balanced diet. I think tomorrow I'm going to buy exercise shorts.
Post a Comment